Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 11: Finding courage in the breath.

As I sat in meditation last night after gathering my thoughts for yesterday's post, I held in my heart the feelings of anger and frustration. I felt agitated. As I begun to focus on the breath, the tension in my heart began to disappear. As I focused on the breath, I began to loose the attachment to the emotions I was feeling, to the point that I forgot all about them. I began to be present with my breath. Simply present.


As I contemplate on yesterday's meditation, not being present is exactly what made the feelings of anger, frustration, being overwhelmed take over. Up until yesterday I hadn't thought much about how many days I have left on the Juice Feast or how I would do it. But last night I did, and uncertainty took over. It was good to witness that uncertainty and sit in meditation with it. It was good to not want to 'control' it, but rather focus on the breath and allow life's energy to guide the process.


Courage and bliss came to me in the form of a quiet sweet breath.


__


"Life is available only in the present moment."
― Thich Nhat Hanh, Taming the Tiger Within: Meditations on Transforming Difficult Emotions
__

Morning: Watercress, spinach, cabbage, sunflower sprouts, pea shoots, radish sprouts, carrot, pineapple, asian pear. 24 oz.
Lunch: Broccoli sprouts, asparagus, celery, carrot, apple, ginger. 36 oz. (sipped all afternoon).
Late Afternoon: 3 oz of wheatgrass in 16 oz of water.
Dinner: cup of hot water with unpasteurized Miso.
As I write: Chaga, Burdock tea with lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment