Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 16: Compromise. I accept. I need my Umph back!.

Day 16!! Wao. Almost half way there.

For the most part of the Juice Feast I have really been feeling good. Juicing a lot, yes. I am a very active busy mama of 3 very active busy boys, so I need the nutrition and the high intake of juices to keep me going. Over the last two days though I started to not have as much stamina as I need to get through my days, and I have also lost quite a bit of weight for me. I am not worried about the weight as it will all come back as I reintegrate other foods into my diet. But I am concerned with not having enough energy and stamina to keep doing my daily do's. So I had to compromise. Honestly I was very stubborn about it. I didn't want to consume anything but fresh pressed juices, water, miso for the 40 days. But being snappy and very low in energy is not gonna allow for the healing I seek in this journey, neither for my family to put up with it!

So I have added a little bit of the Vega plant based protein powder to my day. One scoop in a 8 oz glass of water. I did it twice today and I have felt a big difference, let's just say I got my Umph! back. So I guess my husband was right.... I accept, I needed the Umph! assistance. I still don't like the fact that I have to do it, but I understand that I need it to be able to keep up. I think if I was away, in retreat at some Ashram or simply able to slow down my days, then perhaps I wouldn't need the extra Umph assistance.

Sitting in meditation gave the space to reflect upon what was happening as a witness and allowed me to let go of my attachment to carry through the 40 days the was I had intended, without taking into consideration the need that is present today. It also gave me the space to feel what I was feeling and then breathe through it, from that space I was able to act with gentleness towards myself.

I am glad I listened. It's good to have my Umph back! now let's continue the Juice Feast!.
__
"Every path has its puddle". - Unknown. 
__
(I am glad I was able to jump it!)

Morning: 3 oz of wheatgrass in 8 oz of water.
Mid Morning: 16 oz of coconut water with 2 scoops of Vega Plant based smoothie Infusion protein powder.
Lunch: Collard, cucumber, celery, watercress, pineapple. 20 oz.
Mid Afternoon: 8 oz of coconut water with a scoop of Vega Whole food Health Optimizer.
Late Afternoon: Carrot, celery, cucumber, fennel, ginger, apple. 20 oz.
Dinner: cup of hot water with Unpasteurized Miso and lime.


No comments:

Post a Comment