Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 9: Amazing Grace

Day 9: Amazing Grace


As the days pass little gifts of inspiration come to me from those I love.


Last night I sat in meditation with my three kids. We did it only for 4 minutes and it was beautiful to witness them consciously connecting with their breath and the sound of the singing bowl I was playing. My two year old son keeped opening his eyes and giving me the most beautiful smile with joy in his heart. Then they went on to do tree pose and share a turn each playing (or banging- yikes!) the meditation bowl.


It is the simplicity of those moments that make them so special, the space between us was filled with warmth, love, and peace. So simple, so profound.


This morning an email came to me as a source of inspiration. It's a video of Maia Helles,  a 95 year old Russian ballet dancer who lives in Fire Island, NY. She is completely independent, healthy and as fit as a forty year old!. The film was shot by Julia Warr.


http://vimeo.com/31733784


__
"Gracefulness has been defined to be the outward expression of the inward harmony of the soul"-

William Hazlitt

__


Morning: cup of Licorice tea with lemon
Mid morning: 2 oz of wheat grass on 8 oz of water
Lunch: Lettuce, cucumber, carrot, Chinese broccoli, pear, lime. 16 oz.
Mid afternoon: Celery, asparagus, endive, rainbow chard, prickly pear, lime. 20 oz.
Dinner: Coconut water
As I write tonight: cup of hot water with unpasteurised Miso.


All though I started the day very tired, I end the day filled with peace in my heart. It's only been 9 days of both the daily meditation and the juice feast, and I can already feel things changing within me. There is a deeper lightness of being and a deeper sense of appreciation for life and for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment