Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Encore! encore! Rawllygood fudge brownies!

Yes I heard you loud and clear.... ENCORE! ENCORE!!! So here it is: 

FABULOUS COCO-WALNUT FUDGY BROWNIES!!!!!!
 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 3 hours or overnight (cover with water by one inch)
1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
1 cup raw oat flakes
1/2 cup raw almond butter
1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
Dash ground cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
Coconut oil for greasing the pan

 Blend the walnuts in food processor to a moist semi coarse meal, 20 - 30 secs. Add dates (without the water), oats, almond butter, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt to the food processor until a cohesive dough forms, about 30 secs.
Oil an 8 x8 inch pan with coconut oil, press the dough with your hands or a spatula into the pan to a thickness of 3/4 inch.

 Now for the fudge:
1 cup of unrefined coconut oil, melted
1 cup of raw cocoa powder
1/2 cup of raw honey, liquid

 Mix in the melted coconut oil together with the cocoa powder and honey. Pour on top of pressed "dough". Place in the freezer to settle or in the fridge. It will last about 3 months in the freezer or about 2 weeks in the fridge. Enjoy pure deliciousness!!! I owe you the pic! I gotta make it again 'cause it was soon rawllygood good it's gone!!

 Now onto the rest of life... I had to breathe deep and conquer my fear today. It was tough, my heart was palpitating and I was feeling nauseas about the whole thing. I grew up drinking coconuts by the beach, I am one with the water but I am so not one with the snow!!! You may be laughing now, but skiing is one of those things I am terrified of. I skied 3 times in my life, 18 years ago, I had an awfull accident skiing.... Icy patch towards the end of the day.... I tered all the ligaments on my right knee. Painfully I said no way to surgery and rebuild my ligaments slowly back up. It was an intense year of physiotherapy and crouches but I did it! I can run and all now, glad to have speared the knife. The whole event left me running away from the ski hills. I tried it once more but froze at the top of the hill and made my way down in tears to pack it in.

 Now fast forward to this year, three kids and friends from out of town whose kids have never seen snow!! We went on a quest to find snow, and the hill to ski! Yikes! In the meantime I was trying to breathe.... Deeply. A few runs down the baby hill with my friends kids and my toddler gave me the confidence i needed to go up the bigger hill. YYea!! THE BABY HILL!!!!!.. Funny ha! But it was enough for that little boost i needed . I did it! i came down, the bigger hill no falls and all! It wasn't that big of a hill but it was enough for me to feel that I can try it again next year! I can't believe that one took me 18 years to get over! Little fears, big fears.. Can freeze us in ways we can't seem to see beyond. It was a good exercise for me. In trust, in breathing, in challenging myself to do something I really didn't want to do. So cheers to those moments in your life where you have challenged yourself and gone beyond your fears to come out shiny eyed and beaming on the other side! --

No comments:

Post a Comment