Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh how sweet is your love Sugar Cube?

OHhhhhh you are getting me going... just soo good. And it's only Monday!

Take a look, a very innocent looking sugar cube!

I simply love when you share these with me.. thank you and keep them coming!

It's all about perspective, isn't it?


Well on this week, The Mother's Day Week, I want to shower you with sweet love that will actually be good for you! That will make your body sing and dance with joy and happiness in your heart. That will reconnect you with love and gratitude and that will shine some light on a path less taken.

Here are some photographs that show the amount of sugar (in sugar cubes) that is found in what we consider to be our health and junk foods. Sometimes there is not that much of a difference in the amount of sugar that is being put into our foods.

Sugar is an important part of our diet. The sweet taste in food is nurturing to us. But there are ways to satisfy the sweetness we seek with unprocessed foods. Take a look.

Processed sugars found in processed foods:



















Natural sugars found in fruit:















and last but not least, my favourite... a bit of perspective, 
one would have to eat this amount of carrots to get the same amount of sugar that is found in one bottle of coke.
__
"I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead -- not sick, not wounded -- dead." Woody Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment