Thursday, November 1, 2012

In the cusp of change.. i got the 'pep' talk, and sat down to read my words...

A few days after I wrote my 'Open heart letter about Chellation Therapy', my husband sat me down for the familiar 'pep' talk... man ... I dislike 'pep' talks... necessary at times, I would have to agree, doesn't mean I have to like them... all though I know he is right...

Do you ever have a dream that you can almost taste? Do you ever have a vision of your future self with such clarity you just can't wait? It's just so exciting, so juicy, so fabulous! The time is now, right? But what if now is not quite ready. What if the healing journey needs a little more time, what if kids are still a bit too young, what if there is just too much going on for me to materialize what I see? then, for me, frustration sets in, then the famous 'pep' talk comes back, then I sit at the computer to read my own words to remind me that the right time will come and that really I am at the right place for myself right now. Yes, I am much better, and the vibrancy that I see in my dreams and visions will lead the way to the opening of my heart to guide your heart. The day that I see, will come and the 'pep' talk will transform itself.. (or so I wish :)).

In the meantime... an email from my dear friend and mentor, Caroline Dupont, and the synchronicity of what I had been thinking of sharing with you brings me to the power of herbs and elixirs to REMINERALIZE our bodies... yeap. There is a lot of Remineralization to be done, and many ways to go about it!

Elixirs and Tea Infusions are a fantastic way to gather the essence of the life force of herbs to remineralize ourselves. I have make them and use them as tea, as 'water' to be added to any raw soups, smoothies, elixirs! I sincerely have felt a difference since I started incorporating them into my daily routine. Now there are just so many herbs to use, and so many ways to use them... the key is to soak the herbs in boiled water overnight to "infuse" the water with their powers. The ratio of herbs to boiled water really depends on your body and constitution. For most people, a cup of dried herbs to 4 cups of water seem to be right. For me, well oh well, about a handful of dried herbs per 4 cups of hot water seems to be right. So play with it, and find your ratio and your healing balance.

Tea infusions are also a great way to get to know your herbs. To get you out there, where the wild things are and gather your own, dehydrate them or leave them to naturally dry. So get out there!


TEA INFUSION RECIPE:

1 cup of dried herbs (or a handful)
4 cups of hot water (boiled)
a 1 liter glass jar with a lid or a cheese cloth (Method #1)
or a glass pot with a lid (Method #2)

METHOD #1: place the herbs in the glass jar, pour the hot water, gently move the jar to submerge the dried herbs. If you can place the jar by the window to absorb the moon rays, place a quartz crystal beside it, and why not, use your HADO writing on the jar to maximize it's healing power... I am all about synergy. Dried blossoms are best when infused for a minimum of 2 hrs. Dried herbs are best when infused for a minimum of 4 hrs. Dried roots are best when infused for a minimum of 8 hrs. So to make life simple, make your mix, place it in the jar and let it infuse overnight :).

METHOD #2: place the barks/roots in a glass pot, along with the water and let it gently simmer covered for 20 minutes. Turn off the stove, then let the barks/roots infuse the water overnight. I use this method when I use barks for the infusions. The active ingredients in some of the barks seem to need a more active simmering to be released. (But that really depends on whose words you read.). So use whichever method resonates with you.


TEA INFUSION 

Palo d'Arco (Taheebo tea)/ Cat's Claw/ Horsetail/ Goji berries/ Chaga/ Reishi mushroom

Some of you are familiar with them, some of you are reading these for the first time. Don't worry, they will soon be familiar words in your dictionary too. You are most likely to be able to find them all at your local health food store or online.

Palo d'Arco comes from the inner bark of the Taheebo tree in the South American rainforest. In some places it is known as Taheebo tea. It is known to have powerful antifungal properties and it strengthens the body's immune system. It is known to relieve infections, reduce inflammation, promote digestion, flush toxins from the body, and protects the body against cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure.

Cat's Claw (Una de Gato) is used traditionally in Peruvian medicine. It is a strong antiviral which works  in synergy with Palo d'Arco to boost the immune system. It is known to aid with digestive issues, and to have powerful anti cancerous and anti-tumor properties.

Horsetail is high in silica, which is vital to the health of hair, skin, and nails. It helps build calcium in the body.

Goji berries is a sweet dark colored fruit. It is a superfood known for its high antioxidant content and its longevity promoting properties, they are believed to protect the liver and the kidneys.

Chaga is a medicinal mushroom that grows in the birch trees in the forest. It is believed to be a strong immunity builder in the our body and to have strong anti-cancerous properties as well. ** If using method #2, add the Chaga after you have turned the stove off, to infuse the water overnight.

Reishi is another medicinal mushroom that builds the body's immunity, has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, is considered in chinese medicine to benefit the liver and heart organs. ** If using method #2, add the Chaga after you have turned the stove off, to infuse the water overnight.

I am currently using a 5 mushroom Blend from Wild Rose, that includes Red Reishi, Cordyceps Mycella, Maitake, Chaga, Coriolus. You can add it to your infusion or simply add the powder to your drink, smoothie, or soup.

So brew them up and drink it up! Make a tea using the above herbs and then use the tea infusion as your 'water base' in everything from a smoothie to a raw soup, to your drinking water for the day. Your body will thank you.

__
"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves- slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future." - Thich Nat Hahn.

2 comments:

  1. hi natalie,

    this is annie. i did look for you at the library last week... sorry i had to find angela to find this blog link again. i would be happy to meet you at the library again. good to see your blog :) annie

    anniegirl8@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent posting. You have my vote and I will bookmark this website right now.

    reverse osmosis
    bottled water

    ReplyDelete