Thursday, May 29, 2014

... and then this started to happen... sweet power!

About almost a year ago something quite unique started to happen... hearts and hearts, lots of hearts would magically manifest themselves as I cut into strawberries, melons, radishes, picked up random bread crumbs from my dehydrator, random dehydrated onions... I started seeing them on the leaves on the ground as I would go into the forest, even on the rocks I dag out last week as I prepped the beds of the Mandala Gardens.... and yes yes I know, we choose to see what we want to see, but it happens so often (almost daily now) that I can't help to think that there is magic at work, or at least a message to be recognized.  Even my kids see it now! they come running to me- mom! mom! I found love!, would you believe they used to roll their eyes at me.. not just once but twice!, hand motion and all, every time I said- Hey! look at what came up! ya.. ya... ya..

Truth is in the eye of the beholder.  I believe it.  We choose to see what we want to see.  In my case, my truth is Love.  I choose to see love and I choose to let it infuse my life in every way it knows how! I thank deeply every soul love note that comes my way, as they bring joy and warmth and certainty of being on the right path for me, as the work in progress health journey that I am on.  I think the important words here are 'I choose', I choose to align myself with love, with peace, with gratitude.  'I choose' brings whatever it is 'I want' into my life, it is a process of alignment, it is not to say it will be a simple jolly journey, it might, but most likely, it will be an infusion of our jolly shadow with the jolly rawllygood days we all aspire.  'Wanting something' makes it feel far away in the future, an ever disappearing reality.  'Choosing it', makes it present, it is now a part of my life, even if at times, it seems difficult.  I will act differently knowing my choice and my deeper sense of commitment to that choice.  New habits, new thoughts, new emotions will align themselves through me according to my choices.  Committing to our choices elevates our actions and brings forth the fruits of our new chosen daily habits, thoughts, and actions.  Be inspired by your commitment, and accept the deep nourishment that comes along with it.  Challenges will arise and take us to new levels, we will continue to meet and greet our shadow self, at times not very jolly, but instead of having a head first battle, we just might embrace the challenge with an open heart, shed our tears, and release it from our core, moving on, moving on, until the next time.



When a soul love note comes your way, share it, pass it on, soon those around you may be receiving them too!


I decided to share my soul love notes with my friend Chong and this is what came back my way!  Chong is a multi-disciplined artist working and experimenting with different materials and processes in woodworking, photography, and printmaking.  Very very talented. His work can be seen at http://www.lignoandlux.ca.







Soul Love Note from the Rawllygood Kitchen

My grandmother used to make the best desserts, well, she was queen of her Kitchen, she used to make the best of everything! an interesting mix of eastern european cuisine meets south america, she stayed true to her roots and always delighted us with goodness. She used to make these, baked of course, and I have been craving them, perhaps craving her presence.  So in her honour, I have made a raw version of her recipe. Mmmh, so rawllygood!


Ginger Poppyseed Almond Cookies Recipe
2 cups of raw almonds, soaked
1 cup of chopped pitted dates, or if you don't do well with sugar substitute it for Lakanto or birch derived Xylitol, or stevia.
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
3 tbsp of honey, or more Lakanto, birch derived Xylitol, or stevia
4 tbsp of chopped fresh ginger
3 tbsp poppyseeds, soaked for 15min (activate their powers!)
1/2 tsp of allspice, or your very own masala. I like using my Nala Masala.
pinch sea salt



Start by soaking the almonds overnight, the poppy seeds just need 15 minutes or so, so soak them as you start this recipe and they will be ready to add on at the end.  First, place the soaked almonds in the food processor, and process until you have the consistency of flour.  Add the rest of the ingredients until a dough ball forms, you might have to do it in two batches. Once it is all mixed up, get a tablespoon and scoop a tbsp of mixture onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet, gently press down to make the cookies or make a dough and use your cut out shapes.  Have fun with it!.

Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145F, then 5 hr at 105F until firm enough to turn over.  Then turn onto mesh sheets and dehydrate for 4 more hrs at 105F or until desired consistency has been reached.


Events coming up
Sunday June 8th, 9am-5pm, Homesteading for Raw Nutrition-
Presented by Phill Collins owner of Foggy River Farms and co-founder of Fresh City Farms, and myself.

Location: The Realign Ranch. 8641 Concession 2. Mt Albert, On (conveniently located 15 minutes East of Newmarket, or 12 minutes west of Uxbridge).
Investment: individual- $125.00 per person, groups of 2 or more- $110.00 per person.

Join us for this full day combination seminar and hands-on workshop. Learn about the benefits of raw nutrition while Natalie demonstrates how easy it is to create simple nutritious meals for you and your family. Natalie will be demonstrating and talking about the benefits and healing aspects of juicing, smoothies, fermenting, dehydrating, super foods, sprouting and more! Phil will talk about many of the nutritionally dense foods that anyone can grow in their own landscape, tree planting and garden bed preparation, permaculture design elements and principles used to design the Mandala Gardens at the Realign Ranch. Hands on activities include meal preparation, tree planting and garden bed preparation.

We will end the day with a walking meditation.

Included in the workshop are raw breakfast and raw lunch.
Each participant will receive up to 10 select seedlings to start their own garden.
For more information and to register for the full day workshop, please visit http://restorativefarming.com/workshops/may-3rd-raw-nutrition-home-gardening-workshop


Quote of the Day
"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller.

No comments:

Post a Comment